Thursday, June 18, 2015

Traffic ahhhhh!!

When we first got here friends kept telling us about epic traffic jams, I'm talking Moms having to pee in diapers and eating baby food traffic jams. This stuff was worthy a Snopes investigation let alone inspiring people to keep buckets in their car to pee in and packing luggage full of a day's worth of food rations for their entire family. Surely, they were exaggerating just trying to scare us a little with their drama.

Ha. 

Well, after today I am in the market for a car potty bucket. You sell'n?

 It started out as a simple trip to Motherways (children's clothing store) to buy the kiddos some Monsoon rain gear and 45 minutes later we are still in the car. I'm in the car writing this in fact! This trip with no traffic would have taken us 10 minutes. *pulls hair out*

I made several rookie mistakes on this excursion, 1. I didn't feed the baby before we left (hello screaming infant!) 2. I left the potty training toddler in his underwear and didn't put him in a pull up. (Please God, don't let him pee himself in the car!)  3. I didn't bring the "kid shutter upper" aka the iPad and WiMAX so they can watch Netflix in the car. 

Never again! God willing we make it there in the next hour or forced rationing of  some fruit fruit snacks will have to commence as bribes to keep the little honey badgers calm. 


No comments:

Post a Comment